Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for the sales associate position.
Part time employment with potential to become full time
Job Description: This sales associate position will report to the CEO of the company and work with the Inventory Manager. We require someone who is self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision. This person must be flexible and adaptable - we are a growing company with systems in development and two stores. Must be able to work late shift (until 6:30 pm) & weekends. Must be friendly and professional.
Company at a glance: GreenLynx’s mission is to reclaim lumber and building materials from the built environment and give them a second life through direct sales and value added products. Our vision is to help preserve the embodied carbon within the materials in order to reduce our effect on climate change. To that end, we have a store where we bring reclaimed materials to market, a woodworks to create value added products out of reclaimed materials, a deconstruction division to harvest materials from buildings, and a construction division to help rebuild Sonoma and integrate reclaimed concepts into green buildings. One of our main goals as a company is to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and that their work is meaningful.
Wages: DOE with a 90 day review, a 6 month review followed by annual review. After 60 days probation period, sick days accrue at a rate of 3 paid sick days per year for a total of 24 hours annually. 6 paid holidays per year. Health insurance - company will pay up to $200 for your individual plan. Other benefits to come, we are a growing company.
- Assist customers on floor of store and the woodworks showroom as needed
- Run register during inventory manager breaks or on their days off
- Organize materials on the floor for display
- Assist inventory manager with pricing materials
- Assist CEO with marketing materials online and in print
- Open or close shop on days when inventory manager is off
- Collaborate with the CEO, COO and Inventory Manager on a regular basis to:
- participate in display decisions for the store and showroom
- list materials online
- review marketing strategy and tasks
Preferred experience: 2 + years in retail and 1+ year in marketing. Experience in building materials, lumber or hardware store. The following knowledge or experience:
- Shopkeep (or similar POS system)
- Understanding of reclaimed wood & species differentiation (not necessary but need the ability to learn about wood)
- Building materials
- Product display
- Marketing through social media, newsletters, and print advertising
- Online listing of materials
- Pricing materials
- Customer service