Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for the lead woodworker position.
Full time employment
GreenLynx woodworks: This division of GreenLynx is our newest venture. The Goal of this division is to produce quality, high end furniture and wood products made from reclaimed wood that is deconstructed through our company, or bought for the express use of the woodworks. This division is in its early stages of development, with set-up of machinery, workflow, and production of existing designs and new designs in process. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company with significant growth potential and to help design the products and systems to create a successful product line. We work as a collaborative team and will develop the production schedule and fulfillment system as a group in order to meet financial goals as well as our mission.
Wages: DOE with a 90 day review, a 6 month review followed by annual review. After 60 days probation period, sick days accrue at a rate of 3 paid sick days per year for a total of 24 hours annually. 6 paid holidays per year. Health insurance – company will pay up to $200 for your individual plan. Other benefits to come, we are a growing company.
Job Description: This lead woodworker position will be the primary woodworker for the company. Responsible for producing, designing, crafting, and testing wood products such as tables, benches, paneling, flooring and other wood products using specialized equipment and tools available at GreenLynx Woodworks.
- wood selection – ensure wood isn’t warped, cracked, swollen, or buggy.
- operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery
- Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines
- Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts.
- Verify dimensions using caliper or rule.
- Sand products using sander or sandpaper
- Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit
- assemble table tops & other products
- sand and stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish until such time as finishers are hired
- supervise and train apprentices and finishers
- Create wooden accents, table tops, benches, trim, paneling & flooring
- Dry product
- Complete all stages of woodworking process.
- Produce and test wood products
- product design
- collaborate with the CEO and COO on a regular basis to:
- participate in hiring decisions for their team
- Review woodworks production effectiveness
- Review woodworks designs
- Work with the sales department in meeting production schedule and order fulfillment.
Preferred experience: for the lead woodworker position is 5 years + supervising others, understanding of workplace and equipment operation safety, maintaining and changing out parts of equipment, maintaining clean work space, careful handling of product to prevent personal injury and protect product from damage, experience with the following equipment & products:
- Knowledge of Reclaimed wood & species differentiation
- Experience joining tabletops, and creating benches, flooring, and paneling
- Experience in furniture design
- Chop Saw
- Drill press
- Various corded hand tools