Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for the woodworker position.
Full time employment
GreenLynx woodworks: This division of GreenLynx is our newest venture. The Goal of this division is to produce quality, high end furniture and wood products made from reclaimed wood that is deconstructed through our company, or bought for the express use of the woodworks. This division is in its early stages of development, with set-up of machinery, workflow, and production of existing designs and new designs in process. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company with significant growth potential and to help design the products and systems to create a successful product line. We work as a collaborative team and will develop the production schedule and fulfillment system as a group in order to meet financial goals as well as our mission.
Wages: DOE with a 90 day review, a 6 month review followed by annual review. After 60 days probation period, sick days accrue at a rate of 3 paid sick days per year for a total of 24 hours annually. 6 paid holidays per year. Health insurance - company will pay up to $200 for your individual plan. Other benefits to come, we are a growing company.
Job Description: This woodworker position will work with the lead woodworker for the company. Duties include producing, crafting, and testing wood products such as tables, benches, paneling, flooring and other wood products using specialized equipment and tools available at GreenLynx Woodworks.
- Complete all stages of woodworking process:
- Operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery
- Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, routers, sanders, planers, and nail guns.
- Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts.
- Verify dimensions using caliper or rule.
- Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit.
- Sand products using sander or sandpaper.
- Assemble table tops & other products.
- Sand, stain and coat products until such time as finishers are hired
- Create wooden accents, table tops, benches, trim, paneling & flooring
- Dry product.
- Work with the Lead woodworker on a regular basis to:
- Participate in product design review
- Review woodworks production effectiveness
- Produce and test wood products
- Select Wood - ensure wood isn't warped, cracked, swollen, or buggy.
- Meet production schedule and order fulfillment.
2+ years of woodworking in wood furniture manufacturing or saw mill:
- Knowledge of Reclaimed wood & species differentiation
- Experience joining tabletops, and creating benches, flooring, and paneling
- Understand workplace and equipment operation safety
- Equipment maintenance
- Careful handling of product to prevent personal injury and protect product from damage
- Experience with the following equipment & products:
- Chop Saw
- Drill press
- Various corded hand tools